Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Parkways SE - Tandem Twins!!

I had biked to work until I was 36 weeks pregnant with Makenna in a double Burley. So, when I was still feeling great at 39 weeks (three days before giving birth), I couldn't help but ride the Sunday Parkways SE. My twin sis, Miel, was in town for the birth, and we had never ridden the tandem bicycle that our father, Wally, had bought for me before he passed away.

Truthfully, it didn't take long before my tush was hurting. Riding wasn't difficult, but it felt strange because the back seat is designed to bounce up and down, and with my extra thirty pounds, I was riding low. Plus, it takes a fair amount of coordination and communication between the front and back riders. The good part was that Miel helped pull me along once I got tired.

It was also Kieran's first Sunday Parkways on a bicycle by himself, and Makenna's first time on a tag along with Kevin. All together, we had 5.9 riders on 3 bikes...I think that must be a record breaker :-) 












No comments:

Post a Comment