Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hawai'i after 10 years married!!

It's hard to put our trip to Hawai'i into words. I now understand the meaning of aloha and we quickly fell in love with the Big Island. It exceeded our expectations is so many ways, foremost being purely together again without our beloved progeny. We truly felt like honeymooners again, although I thought it was even better than our honeymoon. There was an ease and joy that comes from the security of a good marriage. We landed with no set itinerary and fell into our own rhythm of life. We both love being outdoors so much that between snorkeling and hiking alone, we were in paradise. Kevin also did a zip line trip at Akaka Falls, while I visited a botanical garden (I was 14 weeks pregnant and still recovering from my broken ankle). My big excursion was a snorkeling trip with dolphins., although my photos don't do it justice. And after Kevin tweaked his neck on the zip line, we had a lovely couples massage. All in all, we had a wonderful trip and are already dreaming about our next family vacation there...















No comments:

Post a Comment